This skill set addresses the skills, knowledge and performance requirements to develop an on-line business, or to incorporate on-line options into current business operations.
Training resource relating to the assessments for this skill set are located in the trainerpd.com members area.
This skill set focuses on learning current industry practices, and how to:
- identify and evaluate marketing opportunities to determine whether they can meet organisational objectives
- Evaluate digital applications to determine costs, benefits, risks, and suitability for the work context
- analyse and evaluate e-business opportunities involving new business models and not simply electronic versions of existing businesses
- Consult with technology subject matter experts on digital applications and implementation
- Consult with stakeholders to plan for and implement changes
- provide supporting evidence for choice of the e-business solution
- document how current business operations need to be modified, and list resources required, to take advantage of newly identified and evaluated opportunities, and manage the implementation of the changes including:
- Trial and evaluation of options
- prepare a change plan
- new or revised procedures and documentation
- providing training
- monitoring and making adjustments as needed
- managing the flow on impacts of the changes
- Monitor and evaluate new digital work practices against expected benefits and productivity improvements.
The units in this skill set can be used to work towards qualifications including BSB50215 – Diploma of Business, and BSB51915 – Diploma of Leadership and Management.
Units of Competency:
- BSBMKG501 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBEBU501 Investigate and design e-business solutions
- BSBMGT519 Incorporate digital solutions into plans and practices
Successful completion of the TrainerPD assessment tasks in this skill set will provide evidence to submit to as RPL, with a review from an industry expert as confirmation of currency, to submit to an RTO.
Your cart is currently empty.
Here are some links for training and resources. More links and discussions are available in the trainerpd.com member’s areas:
Here is the second part of the interview with Rick from Data Guru and Brisbane WordPress meetup group, covering the performance evidence for the skill set. The full interview is available in the trainerpd.com members area.
Web design: Data Guru
- Product based website example: Earthlink – Fair trade multicultural resources
- Industry Analysis – Further explanation of this model, and examples of current market forces in Australian industries, can be found in the trainerpd.com members area : Five forces model
- Consumer rights – online customers have them too. For information on what Australian businesses have to do, visit this website: ACCC
Example “Like Ad”. Video posted on Facebook and shared by friends to try and get people to like the trainerpd.com Facebook page to drive traffic to the website.