This skill set addresses the skills, knowledge and performance requirements to identify an unfulfilled need in a market, evaluate current alternatives, and develop systems to create innovative new alternatives as part of project planning and approval processes.
To successful complete the assessments, you will need to demonstrate the ability to:
- identify and evaluate marketing opportunities to determine whether they can meet organisational objectives
- document how current business operations need to be modified, and list resources required, to take advantage of newly identified and evaluated opportunities
- design a new system for the organisation that clearly support s innovation, is innovative and is based on:
- analysis of the organisation’s objectives, current systems, resources and barriers in relation to innovation
- individual and group techniques with stakeholders to generate, test and evaluate several concepts and options for the new system
- consult with and analyse and integrate feedback from relevant stakeholders to develop a plan for the new system that addresses:
- the need for external assistance
- the impact of the new system on people, resources and other organisational practices
- budget, timelines, responsibilities
- a communication strategy
- a learning and development strategy
- trial the new system including taking account of all consultative, coaching and technical issues and review it in relation to its goals for fostering innovation
- open the improvement process to ongoing collaborative input and challenge
- adjust systems to reflect evaluation feedback
- report on activities undertaken to establish a marketing mix in an organisation, including information on each element of the mix, such as:
- customer service levels
- product or service distribution
- product or service pricing
- additional products or services, if any
- product or service promotion
- report on success of marketing mix activities developed, including coverage of any necessary adjustments made
Units of Competency:
- BSBMKG501 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBINN501 Establish systems that support innovation
- BSBMKG502 Establish and adjust the marketing mix
Successful completion of the TrainerPD assessment tasks in this skill set will provide evidence to submit to as RPL, with a review from an industry expert as confirmation of currency, to submit to an RTO. Qualifications can be issued by an RTO with BSB50215 – Diploma of Business on scope.
The assessment process includes:
- Trainers undertaking assessment tasks, demonstrating current industry skills relevant to job roles using clustered assessment tools, and recognition of prior learning
- Confirmation of the trainer’s currency in training and assessment practices, and the ability to determine valid and sufficient evidence requirements of the training package.
- A review of the Trainer’s work from an industry expert in the skill set, to confirm industry currency, and provide recommendations for further professional development.