This skill set addresses the skills, knowledge and performance requirements to develop an on-line business, or to incorporate on-line options into current business operations.
To successful complete the assessments, you will need to demonstrate the ability to:
- Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities to determine whether they can meet organisational objectives
- Document how current business operations need to be modified, and list resources required, to take advantage of newly identified and evaluated opportunities
- Analyse and evaluate e‑business opportunities involving new business models and not simply electronic versions of existing businesses
- Provide supporting evidence for choice of e‑business solution
- Implement, monitor and evaluate an e-business solution
- evaluate digital applications to determine costs, benefits, risks and suitability for the work context
- Consult with technology subject matter experts on digital applications and implementation
- Consult with stakeholders to plan for and implement changes
- manage implementation of the changes including:
- trialling and evaluation of options
- preparing a change plan
- new or revised procedures and documentation
- providing training
- monitoring and making adjustments as needed
- managing the flow on impacts of the changes
- monitor and evaluate new digital work practices against expected benefits and productivity improvements.
Units of Competency:
- BSBMKG501 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBEBU501 Investigate and design e-business solutions
- BSBMGT519 Incorporate digital solutions into plans and practices
Qualifications can be issued by an RTO with BSB50215 – Diploma of Business on scope.
The assessment process includes:
- Trainers undertaking assessment tasks, demonstrating current industry skills relevant to job roles using clustered assessment tools, and recognition of prior learning
- Confirmation of the trainer’s currency in training and assessment practices, and the ability to determine valid and sufficient evidence requirements of the training package.
- A review of the Trainer’s work from an industry expert in the skill set, to confirm industry currency, and provide recommendations for further professional development.