Are you a Mum or Dad looking at getting back into the workforce?
Are you concerned about having ‘lost your place’?
Feeling like you don’t have current / relevant experience or skills?
Wondering what employers are looking for …. and if you have it?
Lacking confidence in your own abilities?
What you may not realise is you may already have a competitive advantage!
Even if you are just looking for a job, this course could help you get back into the workforce.
This course is specifically designed to show how the skills you have learned as a parent are relevant to the skills that many employers look for both in their team members and managers. You can gain the confidence back in your abilities as you see that you are practising many skills relevant to the workforce on a daily basis at home.
You can learn how to:
- identify own emotional strengths, weaknesses, stressors, emotional states and triggers through self-reflection and feedback from others
- model behaviours that demonstrate management of emotions
- recognise and respond to the emotional states of others
- promote the development of emotional intelligence in others
- develop and/or implement processes to manage ideas and information including:
- communicating information to support others
- helping employees to contribute to fixing work issues
- providing feedback on outcomes
- resolution of issues raised
- establish policies to ensure cultural diversity and ethical values
- provide leadership through own behaviour
- adjusting own communication style to meet the organisation’s needs
- use networks to support the team and the organisation
- develop systems to manage difficulties
- use leadership techniques and strategies
- develop policies and procedures
- support team to meet expected performance
- provide formal and informal learning opportunities
- develop performance plans for individuals or the team
- communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- communicate information between team and management
- evaluate and take necessary corrective action.
The units covered can be used to work towards qualifications including BSB50215 Diploma of Business, or three (3) core units of BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
Units of Competency:
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness